Saturday, August 15, 2009

The best $15 we ever spent....

Sophie ORIGINALLY got these Dora pj's for Christmas 2007.  

Here she is wearing her NEW pj's.  Look how big they are on her.  
She's singing her MDO song:  Ya put your hoooooooves, ya put your hoooooves out....  

Well... along came Christmas 2008 & being the thrifty person I am - I packaged her pj's back up!  (Please don't make fun of me!  She LOVED these pj's!  Plus, she didn't NEED anymore pj's.)
It was so funny to see her open them up!  (I'm not going to lie - I was a little nervous... I thought she may feel a little jipped!)  You would have thought it was her first time to lay eyes on these beloved pj's!  She was soooo excited!  

Here she is wearing them TODAY!  They're too short all over, but she doesn't care!  I think I've even tried to pass them on to her younger cousin, Daisy, but they didn't make it!!

So, my question is........ should I wrap them up for this Christmas????  ;)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

to answer your question - yes, definitely yes!
lol, that's so funny...

Touch of Grace Photography said...

That is hilarious! I would love to see her face if she got them wrapped up again. You know, Trinity has about 3 pairs of pjs she will NOT let me get rid of. They almost look like shorts now. One being a Dora nightgown passed down from McKenna. McKenna is smaller than Trinity!!! We never should have made it home with them because she wears it all the time. These girls are so funny!

Rachelle said...

I say wrap them up! She is SOOOO adorable! :)

Colored With Memories said...

sure, why not? it could turn in to a fun family tradition!!!

Rebecca said...

no.

and that's saying a lot coming from me. ;)

when they get older i'm gonna tell my poor little nieces and nephews that they got used toys, boxes of cereal and recycled pajamas for Christmases and birthdays every year. it's just not right. oh yeah, also money for a swingset that never actually went to the swingset that they had to wait a year for! it's just tragic, i tell you. ;)

(you know i'm kidding!....i love you!)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think I am the one that got her the box of Dora cereal, rebecca! I thought it was a very original idea in light of the onslaught of too many Dora gifts;o) Love ya, Rebecca.

I like the idea of making them a tradition. Maybe as they get older, you could surprise one of them with the PJs each year, then they could surprise eachother with them, too!

~Andrea

Zion said...

That is so cute. Isn't it amazing what little things they end up loving? I think it's great, it gives a whole new meaning to the term "regifting"

Brandi said...

LOL! Thats all I'm gonna say! Altho Sophie is older and wiser than last year and I'm pretty sure she is going to feel jipped on Christmas morning :)

Brandi said...

If you do rewrap them. Sorry, left that part out and I proof-read my comment and it was bothering me. :)