Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh, How He Loves Us!

Five years ago today our sweet little Chloe Marie Cunningham was born.  Most of you all were with us during our "Chloe Season".  She was stillborn at 37 weeks due to anencephaly (a fatal birth defect).  It was the most difficult season we'll hopefully ever have to face, BUT it was such a sweet time with the Lord.  I've never again felt such grace & peace that could only come from the Lord!  

For the past several days I've been reading through Ecclesiastes.  So today I opened my Bible & started reading the next chapter, chapter 6.  It was about how a stillborn child is better off than a man who gains everything but doesn't know Jesus because she is at rest in heaven!  I guess I didn't know that  stillborn children were even mentioned in the Bible!?!  I just thought  it was a neat little way that the Lord let me know that He loves me &  is thinking about me today!  He sure has blessed us a lot in the last 5 years, hasn't He?

Here is the best picture I could get of our sweet girls in their rainbow shirts today:


Now that the girls are getting older, I wonder what Chloe would have been like?  Would she have been talkative like Sophie or maybe a lil' firecracker like Libby??  God only knows!  I can't wait to hug & kiss on her one day!!  :)

Happy Birthday, Sweet Chloe!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a loving Father you have! I am so thankful He gave you this hug today. Such a neat testimony that He IS REAL!

BTW, the pic is too funny. I can so relate to the screaming one in pics!

Andrea

kirsten_andy2000 said...

It is always nice when the Lord hands us little signs that he is still here with us. Happy birthday sweet baby Chloe. Hope you guys had a great day.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet post and wow, I love the verse you found~how comforting to be reminded HE is in control. Your life is such a testimony to so many. Many blessings in 2009!
You have such a sweet family!
Love, Kathleen R.

Al's World said...

Thank you so much for sharing this sweet way that Jesus has given you. I am sorry, so sorry that you had to experience that pain, but I understand that with the pain there is also peace, which brings you closer to Him. There is a link on my blog called Bring the Rain about her baby she lost, it is wonderfully touching and loving. Happy Birthday sweet girl! How you are better off than we are!

Hannah said...

i love that libby obviously does not want to be standing there taking the picture, and at the same time sophie is being an "oldest child" and posing and gripping libby's shoulder to get her to cooperate. :)

Rachelle said...

I love how the Lord speaks to us with His word.

Be Blessed! ;)

Rebecca said...

i'm so glad the Lord led you to that particular scripture. wow - His timing is impecible! i know saturday was difficult for you and aaron and i'm so sorry for the sadness you felt. however, i am so so so glad that you guys are able to focus on the many blessings God's placed in your lives since he welcomed Chloe Marie home. your steadfast faith throughout that most difficult season really brought rhett and i closer to God. for that, i am eternally grateful to my precious niece. i look forward to hugging and kissing and dancing with her in paradise! we love you so much!

Anonymous said...

Wow!...how amazing it is to be reassured and comforted by our God. I am so thankful you received that blessing during this time of Cloe's 5th birthday. I will always remember the beautiful rainbow we witnessed following Chloe's memorial service...that awesome sign of God's promise!! Love you two (you five). Hope to be with you again soon. ~ Karel

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for the typo on leaving out the h in Chloe's name...I do know how to spell her name...KKB

Monika said...

Melissa, you guys are so amazing!! Thanks for sharing and being so encouraging! I can't tell you how thankful I am that we are friends. Chloe has the best family in the world!!

Al's World said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog. I will be praying for your guys right now. Please let me know if I can do anything for you. I know you just lost your dad, this is a lot. How do people survive without God?

Hannah said...

um, i love you, but i think it's time for an update... ;)

Colored With Memories said...

what a great scripture to stumble upon...on this exact date too...love it!

i love chloe's name...lily was almost a chloe!

definitely check out "bring the rain" like the other commenter mentioned.

blessings to you! thx for posting my button!